Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Organizational Crusade Continues


These buddies are two of my frame weights. I made them from little stuffed animals I had laying around. I cut them open, emptied their tummies of poly beads and refilled them with buckshot (bought in WalMart's hunting and fishing department.) They make me smile every time I look at them and use them. Cute, huh?

They're watching me with wrapt attention, because I was dancing around, and patting myself on the back for cleverly creating another stitching corner in my tiny house. It was supposed to be part of the kitchen area, but because it was too small for a full dining table, it was really just a catch-all space. I had an AHA! moment one day, and decided to turn it into another stitching area. Again, I placed a few of my 4'x6' metal grids against the wall, so now I can hang and rearrange various and sundry WIP projects and other neato stitchy stuff. Here it is:


And here's my current "meditation canvas" - the one I stare at to think about what threads and stitches to use on it:


Whew. After my heady organizational whirlwind this weekend, I'm pooped (and more than a little stiff). I think I need to sit down and do a bit of stitching. .(I think I deserve it, don't you?)

Katie and I will just sit quietly and watch the squirrels outside rearranging their nut stash yet again.


Ta ta for now. Gotta go stitch something....

4 comments:

Coni said...

Ooooooooo, I'm so jealous that you are all settled in for winter stitching!

Those displays are magnificent! I could look at the pics for hours!

Anonymous said...

Does Katie "talk" to the squirrels as she looks out the window? Bonnie, the dog-in-residence where I live, does this at her window in the front room - a muttering noise punctuated with excited little barks. No squirrels here, so Bonnie "talks" to cats, other dogs and mynah birds.

lewmew said...

Can you share the information on the Dog Kisses canvas you have hanging on the wall? I want it!

Anonymous said...

Great organizing ideas...now to work on accumulating a stash!