Monday, January 30, 2012

Mini Mystery Monday #5

Time for another little mystery project -- something very fast, very fun, and very easy!

The finished size of this piece is apprx. 4" x 4" on 18 ct. canvas; design count is 68 threads by 68 threads. I stitched the first design on white canvas, so you can use white or any light-colored canvas you want - eggshell or light blue or green....whatever goes with the threads you choose. (I also stitched it a second time on colored canvas, but more on that later on!)

We'll be using a very simple palette again: just one variegated thread with two different metallic ribbons. Chose one bright, "sharp/scratchy" metallic and one soft sheen, muted/dull metallic. To show you what I mean, here are the threads I used:


And we're going to start our mystery project with the very same element we used in Mini Mystery #4, the separated lone star (the divided star? the exploded star??):


And the center graph looks like this:


But this time we're going to make nine of these stars with a variegated border as well. So here's your graph for the first part of this mystery:


That's really all there is to the first part of this design, so go get your threads and start stitching! I'll see you next Monday with the next layer of stitches....

3 comments:

Miriam said...

This looks like fun!

Jerri said...

I love this color scheme but don't know what the threads are. Please let me know so I can get the same color combination. Thanks, jerri

Jerri said...

Please tell me what the names of the threads used are. It is beautiful. Thanks, jerri