Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Flowers: Pansy Faces

Last fall I planted lots of pansies/violas around my backyard, and I deliberately chose a variety of interesting colors and patterns.They settled in throughout the winter and then in spring they really started to flourish, turning up their faces to the increasing sunshine.  Recently, I went out and got down on my hands and knees and took up-close photos of all the different varieties of colors and faces and thought you'd enjoy seeing their amazing variety....  (And now when I go out in the backyard I feel like there are crowds of happy pansy faces all smiling at me!)



 
 
 
 








 And to end this post, here's Katie's pensive pansy pose:

HAPPY FRIDAY!

4 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

The flowers are gorgeous, and your photography is stunning! I never thought pansies could overwinter. That's fascinating. Love Katie's pensive pose!

Denise said...

The pansy has to be the happiest flower there is. Love them. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! They really inspire you, don't they?
Susan

Edy said...

Love those little guys