Friday, October 7, 2016

Gathering Pumpkins


 Now that it's October, it's time to start collecting pumpkins and leaves and sunflowers to decorate the house.  And this year, I've been busy stitching some new seasonal decor.... I've just finished a lovely new design called FALL HARVEST PANEL:


Oh, boy... it's got LOTS of glowing pumpkins, leaves, sunflowers, acorns, crows, and even some Indian corn!  Here's a look at it up close (although the model is actually darker and deeper, and the scanned image doesn't really do it justice):



It's stitched on 18 ct. canvas in the brown color, which really makes those pumpkins and autumn leaves POP.  There is so much color in this piece that I couldn't find anywhere to add any variegated thread - except for the outer border area, where I used the gold/orange mix of Watercolours 280, "Calabasa" to add a golden glow to the fun checked and wavy borders. 

This time around, I wanted to design something other than Halloween Jack-o-lanterns, witches, and ghosts, so I stayed with a natural theme, so I could enjoy hanging this piece in the house from September to November.  I included as many fall items as I could think of, including acorns, sunflowers, crows, and even itty bitty ears of Indian corn.  Here's another peek at the fun stuff you get to stitch:



 So if you're in the mood to stitch up a pile of pumpkins, please visit my website to see all the ordering info for this new FALL HARVEST PANEL.   And, HAPPY WEEKEND STITCHING!!


No comments: